If you’re looking to buy a new fan and would like one with a temperature control feature, we’re here to help. Below you can find a few things you need to consider before purchasing one of these fans and then take a look at our recommendation.
A Few Points to Consider
Before we take a look at our top pick, there are a few things to consider when purchasing a fan with temperature control.
- First, the temperature control doesn’t affect the temperature of the air coming out of the fan. Many users who have bought one of these fans were surprised to find it is essentially an ordinary fan and were expecting something more like an air conditioner. The temperature control feature will turn the fan on and off to maintain the temperature that you set. If you set the temperature too low, the fan simply won’t turn off because the desired temperature will never be reached. If you think you will want the fan to be on all the time, a fan with temperature control won’t be necessary, but if you are likely to be regularly turning the fan on and off to maintain a temperature, one of these fans can help you out.
- Secondly, you should watch out for fans that have a thermometer but not a thermostat. A thermometer will measure and display the temperate but the fan won’t be able to turn itself on and off to maintain the desired temperature. Essentially, it is a fan with a temperature display but no temperature control.
Our Recommendation: Honeywell Fresh Breeze
- DIGITAL TOWER FAN: The Honeywell 3 speed digital tower fan with ionizer...
- QUIET COOLING: This tower fan's oscillating action allows for greater air...
- INCREASE YOUR COMFORT: Using fans for air circulation in your home can help...
- HONEYWELL FANS: The right fan helps cool you off & improves airflow in your...
One of the few fans we have come across that features a temperature control option is the Honeywell Fresh Breeze. The Honeywell Fresh Breeze is an oscillating tower fan which measures either 32″ or 40″, depending on how you attach the base.
The temperature control feature on the Honeywell allows you to set a temperature and the fan will turn itself on and off and attempt to maintain that temperature. Other features include three speed settings, a remote control, and auto shut-off.
One great thing about the Honeywell Fresh Breeze is the removable filter. The filter will need cleaning about once per month, but since it can be removed to be washed this is really easy to do.
In terms of noise, this fan isn’t the quietest fan in the world and it will make some white noise, but most users have found that it isn’t too disruptive for the most part. However, a few people have found that when the oscillation feature is turned on it can be a little noisy.
A Pedestal Fan with Temperature Control?
If you would prefer pedestal fan with temperature control instead of a tower fan, you could check out the Lasko S18610 (link to Amazon). However, there currently aren’t many reviews for this fan so it’s difficult to say how well it will perform.
- Pedestal fan with streamlined 18-inch metal grill for maximum performance
- Fully adjustable height (41 to 53 inches) for maximum versatility
- Full-range tilt-back feature to direct the air where you need it most
- Optional widespread oscillation for full room comfort
Last update on 2020-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API